Do you ever watch a TV show and become so engrossed you forget to tell your kids to go to bed? Wait, I guess that is just me!
Honestly, though, “This Is Us” does this to me all the time. I push play and time just stands still. I started watching “This Is Us” last fall and the season finale is tomorrow. I’m not going to ruin anything for you, because I really want you to discover this show for yourself if you haven’t already.
A few highlights about the show if you haven’t seen it. The acting is superb, Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia (Rebecca and Jack) are wonderful together and very convincing as a married couple. I really enjoy the storylines with the siblings, played by Sterling K. Brown, Justin Hartley, and Chrissy Metz (Randall, Kevin, and Kate). But, what I love most on the show are the relationships between the various family members and how human they all are (with all of the complexity that entails – both good and bad). However, don’t just take my word for it.
Reasons why “This is Us” is worth your time:
- The series has been nominated for multiple awards and won several.
- This is the first year of the show, yet it has been renewed for not one, but two more seasons! So, you can still get in on the fun and be ready for next fall.
- It has a large fan base, so you won’t be alone when you wonder how they will resolve the key storyline regarding Jack. On Facebook alone, “This is Us” has over 2.5 million followers – https://www.facebook.com/NBCThisIsUs/
- It is very binge-worthy. You can watch the most recent episodes on NBC’s site. You can also catch it on demand on most cable services as well as Hulu.
- Ok, that’s enough reasons – go watch!
If you need a temporary escape from your everyday life and problems, “This is Us’ is a great TV show to watch and is very worth your time to binge watch. I will tell you they do have problems of their own and some of the storylines may hit close to your home depending on your circumstances. However, I think the way they handle sensitive topics, while it might make you cry may also prove to be cathartic. They have done a good job so far balancing the sad with the happy moments, much like real life. Life isn’t all sunshine and roses, folks; however we do rise up and try again regardless. We are all survivors in our own way, and “This is Us” characters are no exception.