Many years ago, I had a wonderful boss in Boston who introduced me to the idea of “Only Good News On Fridays”. He said it was a bad idea to go into the weekend thinking about depressing things, problems, etc. He told me to either solve the problem, minimize it until Monday, or figure out a way around it. I found by doing this that most worrisome things could wait until Monday, and a lot of times they resolved themselves on their own given time.
There is definitely something worthwhile in the idea of taking a day to just take a break from the worries of your work and home world. Trying to make your Friday as Fun as possible is just one way to do this.
Depending on whether or not you are religious, you may have a day where you observe the Sabbath and rest. This isn’t that necessarily. This is all about trying to make life fun. Search out those things that make you smile today, try and find little ways to amp up the fun factor for you and anyone else you care about. Everyone can benefit from a little TGIF!
Favorite Ideas for a Fun Friday (or any day for that matter)
- Morning – Have a breakfast different than the usual
- Ride to work/school – Listen to different, upbeat music
- Internet browsing – Look for a positive story
- Facebook – Post something fun or positive today
- Lunch – Try to eat something you like and that makes you feel good
- Work – Listen to some good music or light a candle, do something to change it up from your usual work-a-day lifestyle
- Speech – Try to only say and spread positive words in your interactions with others. It will come back to you in ways you can’t predict or imagine!
- Break – Read something fun and light (gossip magazine, cookbook, etc.), or do something you normally think of as frivolous (puzzle, game on your phone, etc.)
- Search – Look for what is good in the world, practice gratitude
- Ride home – Call a friend and reminisce a little
- Dinner – Go low maintenance or eat out. Make it easy on yourself!
- Evening – Plan something fun for you or your family. Watch a movie, play a game, etc.
- Sleep – Get a good night’s sleep.
If you repeat this every Friday, you may soon be so excited it really will be Thank God It’s Friday! We all need one day a week we can look forward to that is the polar opposite of what Mondays seem to bring. So, go and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please share it on Pinterest!