Who Needs Mother’s Day Gift Ideas?
If you are looking for ideas for Mom for Mother’s Day, what about self care Mothers Day gifts? If so, who wants an easy and fast way to give your Mom what she really wants for Mother’s Day?
Hint – the trick is to pick self-care gifts she would actually buy for herself. (And I am a Mom myself, so I actually look forward to it being Mother’s Day).
No matter who you are buying for – new moms, a girlfriend’s mother, or even a mother figure in your life, you will surely find something in this gift guide that will make a thoughtful gift for her.
Self-Care Mother’s Day Gifts for Busy Moms
Most Mom’s would fall into the busy mom category who don’t have a lot of free time. So, anything you can do or give to her that gives back the gift of time would be the perfect gift for her.
Two great gift ideas would be a meal planning service like Emeals (see this article for more information: Easy Meals – Meal Planning Made Easy), or a gift box subscription (like the ones listed in the article “Self Care Subscription Boxes to Make It Easy To Give Some Love”).
The Gift of Time (and Good Meals)
The meal planning service, Emeals, gives a busy Mama back her time because she doesn’t have to actually plan the meals. She selects the meals she wants to make from the selection offered each week. Then she compares the ingredients list with what is in the house and orders what she needs.
Then, she can either pick up the items needed after ordering them online or have them delivered. Several major jobs done and you have given her the gift of free time to do what she wants. That is the ultimate gift right there!
Gift Box Subscription Service Ideas
The other amazing self care gift is to order a gift box subscription service like “Paradise Delivered“, “Therabox” or “Allure Beauty Box“. The gift box gives her a one time (or more – depending on how much you want to spend) surprise of fun items landing on her doorstop when she isn’t planning on it.
Any of the gift boxes listed would be excellent gifts for self care. These would make the perfect self care gift for any Mom. They each contain different items – either beauty products themed (Allure), mental health themed (Therabox) or escape themed (Paradise).
The Best Self Care Gift Ideas for Mothers Day
One of the best self care gift ideas for Mom is to make Mom feel pampered and special! Another great gift idea is to gift her ways to relax in the comfort of her own home.
Some ideas (and products listed for a self-care routine) you could send her way include:
Self Care Products
- Essential Oils – like “Uplift” – Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, and Sweet Orange – with fractionated coconut and jojoba oil (100% natural ingredients) or “Think Straight” rollerball for your temples to relax by Way of Will – another 100% natural pure essential oil remedy
- Essential Oil diffusers
- Bath bombs – to take a nice relaxing bath after a long day (you could try a Lush bath bomb or a bath bomb package like this one from Aofmee Bath Bombs)
- Bath salts and bubble bath – like Dr. Teals Foaming Bath are another great way to help your Mom relax at home
- Face masks – like a dead sea mud mask or ones tailored to her particular needs like dry skin, sensitive skin, fine lines, wrinkles, exfoliating for removing dead skin cells, etc.
- Lip balm – like Burts Bee’s or Sugar
- Heating pads – to soothe aching muscles (a simple way to show you want her to feel better)
- Skincare products that contain shea butter or vitamin E to calm skin and moisturize (and natural or organic ingredients if you know she likes this too)
- Facial steamer and facial oil– to create your own “home spa”
- Shower steamers to go in the floor of the shower that will also make her home feel like a spa treatment
Self Care Gifts
- Tea Gift Set
- Cup of Coffee – and a mug that shows you love her
- Fuzzy slippers – good quality ones like Dearfoams
- Comfy Robe – a plush robe that feels like a warm hug is a great option – or one of the “The Comfy” wearable blankets that are popular now too
- Creative gifts like a set of different colors pencils or pens for journals or coloring books for adults
- Give the gift of Calm or Headspace. A review of the Calm vs Headspace App is a good idea to continue a meditation practice for the gift of relaxation
More Self Care Mothers Day Gifts for the Busy Mom
By paying a little bit of attention to what the busy Mom in your life likes to do in her spare time, you can also get some clues for what would make an amazing self care gift for her. (Because one way to add more self care to your daily routine is to spend time doing what you love to do).
If the Mom in your life has a green thumb and loves to garden, a great gift would be a perennial flowering plant like Lavender.
If she loves to cook, what about a new cookbook?
Or, if you know she loves to read, what about a gift card for a good book? You could give her a gift card to a bookstore like Barnes and Noble. Or you could also give her an Amazon Gift Card – which would be a practical gift that is also loved.
A Great Self-Care Gift for the Tired Mama
Do you have any new mamas on your list? If so, giving the gift of sleep (see “How to Sleep Well and Why it Matters” article) would be a perfect self-care gift. Neom’s Perfect Night’s Sleep Magnesium Lotion, a silky sleep mask, and/or a pair of comfortable pajamas would be a wonderful way to show you care about her health.
Any first-time Mom who is still trying to figure out a sleep schedule would think this was the best part. Giving her the gift of a good night’s sleep (and whatever you can do to facilitate that would be appreciated).
Mother’s Day Gifts from Your Local Small Businesses
Another Mother’s Day gift idea is to look to your local shops. Maybe you can support a local boutique or massage salon and purchase a gift card for her there?
A pedicure, manicure or an hour’s long massage would make a wonderful gift. The best part is she can use it at the perfect time for her and not have to travel to do it either!
A Little Time with You Can be the Best Mother’s Day Gift
No matter what you end up getting for the special woman in your life, just know that the biggest gift of all is always – you. Your presence means the most.
So, if you can give some of your precious time to be with her, (especially after the craziness of the past year or years) that would mean a lot. You could even just spend some time on a phone call with her too.
Whatever you decide, the good news is she will love it regardless. Because that is how Mom’s work (I have three daughters so I know).
Hopefully, these self-care items have given you some ideas for her. A little self-care goes a long way to making her feel like the Queen she is – Mother’s Day and every day.
Do You Need More Self Care Mothers Day Gifts and Ideas? Here You Go!
My Self Care Planner – a great way to help her make the most of her time and find ways to add self care to her daily life
P.S. Any of the ideas above would also make great Mothers Day gifts for Aunts too!
If you liked this article, please pin it on Pinterest. Thanks!
While you are here, make sure you grab your copy of the "Self-Care Mini-Guide" to help you figure out how to add self-care to your daily life. Just click the link Loveselfcare Self-Care Mini-Guide to download your guide!