How do you relax at the end of a stressful day? Does the idea of slipping into a relaxing foaming bath and soaking all of your cares away sound appealing?
How to Follow a “Recipe” to Create the Ultimate Bath
With the following “recipe” of sight/sound/smell/touch/feel you can create the ultimate bath for YOU. It’s nice to have something to look forward to when you have the perfect bath scenario waiting for you at the end of the day. (If you are like the woman in the Calgon commercial you just have to say “Calgon – Take me Away” and you are set.) The rest of us have to work a little harder to achieve this state of bliss.
10 Secrets to the Perfect Bath
Here are some options for each to create the perfect bath for you. These cover all of the elements of the perfect recipe listed above.
1. Mood Music (Sound) – My absolute favorite music for creating a spa-like atmosphere is Zen Garden. You can purchase it on Amazon or it is included for free with your Amazon Prime membership. There are also options for spa music on Spotify or Apple.
2. Candles (Sight) – Of any sort are very relaxing. You can meditate from the bath on the flickering glow of the candle. The Woodwick Candles are nice because they also produce the sound of a crackling fire. Most candles have some sort of fragrance as well. So pick one that evokes good memories for you.
3. Water Temperature and Properties (Feel) – Not too hot (it will make you feel bad afterwords and dry out your skin) and not too cold (the opposite of relaxing!). Adding some Epsom Salts or real sea salts help to make your aches and pains go away.
4. Bubble Bath (Smell) – A bath without bubbles is a waste in my opinion. The best kind of bubble baths are pretty and fragrant. I recommend the following products:
L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath – One of the few that actually smell like real lavender – it is pricey, but a little goes a long way.
Lush Bath Bombs – Their products are heavenly – both pretty to look at and smell divine!
Lollia Relax Bubble Bath – The Lollia products are also a splurge, but they last a long time and make for an incredible bath.
5. Soaps (Touch and Smell) – Whether you choose a pampering body wash or a hand-milled soap, this is all part of the tactile experience of the bath. Some favorites to try:
Neutrogena Rainbath – A classic – refreshing and leaves your skin feeling smooth.
L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil – You can use this in the shower or in the bath. This is great for shaving and will leave your skin very moisturized to the point where you don’t need lotion!
6. Scrubs (Touch) – A nice invigorating scrub will ensure you leave all that dead skin behind.
Origins – Smoothing Ginger Body Scrub – This stuff is incredible!
True Blue Spa – Foot Scrub – Peppermint scented and makes your feet feel fabulous.
7. Soak (Feel) – Spend a good ten minutes just lying in the bath relaxing and noticing your breathing. See if you can calm it down by making your exhales longer than your inhales.
8. Dry Off (Touch) -Have a good quality, soft towel at your disposal and let the water drain your cares away, picture them going out with the bath water.
9. Lotion (Touch and Smell) – Apply a moisturizing lotion while you are still slightly damp. Some to try:
Nivea – Essentially Enriched Moisturizing Lotion – this handles even my driest skin
Crabtree and Evelyn – La Source – Smells like the ocean air
10. Relax (Feel) – Put on a fluffy bathrobe and slippers and drink a tall, cool glass of water.
Ahhhh, don’t you feel better now?
What are your favorite pampering bath products? Please share in the comments below!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, don’t forget to share it on Pinterest!